Why did a mechanical engineer start a company providing baby and parenting products? You won’t be the first to ask!
When our son Philip was born in 2013, we got thrown head-first into the jungle that is parenting. You have certainly seen enough friends and family members embark on this journey, and yet you are completely unprepared for the realities of parenthood.
Just as we had to learn to raise a child, Phillip had to learn to adapt from womb to world.
Like all other new parents, we reverted to trail and error, searching for the best options for us and our baby. We found all the information on the internet along with the advice from everyone around us to be overwhelming and confusing.
We felt unsure about what to buy in preparation for our new baby. With so many products available, we ended up buying way more stuff than what we actually needed.
This was an expensive exercise. Ironically you only realize what you actually need once your baby arrives. And the fact that a friend used a product for her baby does not mean that you will use it for yours.
Awaiting the birth of your child is an exciting time, and kitting out the nursery is part of that.
But back to the story
The above journey led to the creation of BabyWombWorld in 2015.
In at the adjustment from womb to world, the combination of the instinctive loving care of a mother and the analytical engineering background of a father, resulted in the launch of the first BabyWombWorld product– The BabyWombWorld Ring Sling!
Many people do not like a ring sling; in our case it was a life saver! We used our ring sling daily and when Phillip got irritated or difficult, he went into the sling and within minutes he calmed down or even fell asleep. We took this sling wherever we went. In my view, this was the most important and best baby product we had with both our children! And yet nobody told us to buy one beforehand.
We are constantly looking at ways and means to assist new parents with this unfamiliar transition of womb to world. Our mission at BabyWombWorld is a simple one, yet one that we live by every day.
Whenever we look at new products this is our ultimate criteria:
WE AIM TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN EACH PARENT’S LIFE, AND TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUCCESSFUL UPBRINGING OF THEIR CHILD.
What have we achieved so far?
Over the past years, we have been blessed with some wonderful feedback on the products we have launched. We strive to always look at what mothers need and to see whether there is new product and innovations that will make your life easier.
Below are some of our achievements thus far:
- BabyWombWorld Double Electric Breast Pump – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Mom’s Essential Category 2018
- BabyWombWorld Double Electric Breast Pump – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- Squizz 2 Baby Stroller & Travel System – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Travel Category 2018
- Squizz 2 Baby Stroller & Travel System – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- BabyWombWorld Hubdic Nasal Aspirator – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- BabyWombWorld 8036 Baby Video Camera System – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2018
- Certificate of Excellence for the BabyWombWorld Expo Stand at MamaMagic 2018 Jhb Summer Expo
- BabyWombWorld 9021 Baby Video Camera System – MamaMagic Finalist Nomination in Parent’s Choice Category 2017
- BabyWombWorld Jumper Baby Dual Mode Thermometer – Overall Winner of the Parent’s Choice Category 2017
- BabyWombWorld Nanny Camera with WiFi – Overall Winner of the Safety Category 2017
- BabyWombWorld Portable Mesh Nebuliser Kit – Overall Winner of the Baby Essentials Category 2017
One of our proudest moments was when out Portable Mesh Nebuliser was named as the overall best new baby product for 2017 in South Africa.
This award is a yearly award presented by MamaMagic during which all the best new products for the year gets judged by experts and parents.
At BabyWombWorld we are continuously looking at ways and means to how we can help you as a new or current parent. And in 2022 you will not only see the launch of some exciting new products, but we have built an extensive collection of blogs and content to provide information and guidance.
We are continuously teaming up with some industry experts to provide parents with tips and information to make their parenting journeys easier.
Philip is turning 9 this year, and has since gotten a sister (Lana) who is turning 7. If there is one thing we have learned it is that the ‘perfect’ parenting pictures that you see on social media do not exist in real life.
The truth is that parenting can be hard. All parents will agree on that, and yet many feel that they are alone in their struggles. I can promise you that is not the case!
Be sure to also check out our YouTube Channel called “Moms We Love“. I believe it is important for moms to share information and that is exactly what we want to achieve with Moms We Love.
Please stay tuned, sign up for our newsletter and make sure that you follow our Social Media Pages.