A NAPPI code (National Pharmaceutical Product Interface) is a unique coding system (identifier) for medicines, surgical or consumable products, and medical procedures which allows you as the consumer to claim a rebate/refund from your medical aid.
MediKredit has, over the years, facilitated the adoption of NAPPI codes as a national electronic standard on behalf of the South African healthcare industry. Therefore the NAPPI code:
- Is a recognised medical aid product code.
- Enables the consumer to apply for reimbursement from their medical aid scheme.
- Does not guarantee reimbursement from the consumer’s medical aid.
The following BabyWombWorld products have NAPPI codes:
|BabyWombWorld Portable Double Electric Breast Pump
|BabyWombWorld Portable Nebuliser Machine Mask Diffuser Kit
|BabyWombWorld Portable Deluxe Double Electric Breast Pump
|Single electric breast pump
|Baby 3-in-1 Infrared Ear and Forehead Thermometer
|Infrared thermometer model FR202
|2-in-1 Baby Nasal Aspirator
|BabyWombWorld Petite Portable Single Electric Breast Pump
As mentioned above, your medical aid may reimburse you for the whole amount or only a portion of the amount.. The reimbursement will be dependent on your medical aid and plan. Your medical aid may refund the money into the account used for your monthly contributions or as stated on your plan.
How to claim?
The claiming process varies by medical aid and plan. To have the best chance of reimbursement, we suggest following these steps:
- Purchase the product from:
- A nurse or lactation consultant. Please follow the link below for a list of lactation consultants that stock our products: https://babywombworld.co.za/lactation-consultants/
- Dis-Chem Pharmacy. Visit the Dispensary section of your Dis-Chem with the product you wish to claim. The pharmacist will process the claim for you, as they would for medicine purchases. (You can find a Dis-Chem pharmacy that stocks BabyWombWorld by clicking this link)
- Make sure the practice number and NAPPI code are visible on your receipt
- Email a photo/scanned copy of your receipt to your medical aid within 3 months of purchase.
If you are unsure if your medical aid will reimburse these products or have any further questions on reimbursement, please contact your chosen medical aid.